Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sadbh’s update – February 12th 2013


Sadbh slept great and only woke up once during the night. By the time Larissa got to her she had dropped back to sleep.
She slept great and did not wake until just after Larissa left.
After a nice snuggle with mommy it was time for a big breakfast of pancakes.

Sadbh was excited to see Kat when she started work at 8 and immediately they started to play.
Unfortunately, Kat started to feel ill a couple of hours later so Granddad and Nana took over so she could go home to rest up.
Sadbh was sad to see her go, but the fun and games continued.

Since we did not have a nurse, today I received the heads up from my father around noon to head home to help with trach care. Sadbh was already fast asleep and ready to go as soon as I arrived home, so my father and I got down to work. Everything went well and Sadbh slept on for two and a half hours.

She woke up in a great mood and had a good appetite for lunch.
The weather was not great so she was house bound all day. This did not matter as she had plenty of toys to play with and Nana and Granddad kept her well entertained.

When I arrived home from work, Sadbh impressed me by letting me know where she lived. Nana had taught her how to say Seattle and when I asked her where she lived she said so with a big smile. Everyday there is something new and it’s so exciting to be there for it.

I was trying to get caught up on a couple of work e-mails this evening as we were playing in the basement and Sadbh was not having any of it. She found the power button on my computer and kept pressing it until I stopped working. How right she was too as we had so much fun playing together and I almost spoilt it by trying to work.
After playing with her train set she spotted her red wagon in the basement so I had to pull that out so she could ride in it. Next she had to put her lifejacket on and before I knew it both of us were sitting in the wagon singing “row, row, row your boat”.
We both had a fantastic evening.

Sadbh kept asking for her iPad during dinner tonight and she had no interest in eating. I tried my best to bribe her to eat but it was futile.
As soon as she was out of her high chair she was on a mad hunt for the iPad. She got very upset when she couldn’t find it and since I was not about to give in, Nana even started to plead with me to give it to her. Sadbh overheard and turned around with her hands out and a big smile on her face as if to say, “see, you have to give it to me now since your mammy told you to”.
And she was right, so I caved and Sadbh got to play with her iPad for about 20 minutes before bedtime.

She was in a great mood when it came time for bed but it took almost an hour to get her to sleep. She was very giddy, but eventually the two of us fell asleep in each other’s arms.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment