Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sadbh’s update – February 24th 2013


Sadbh slept like a log and woke up just as Julie’s shift was ending at 6. After seeing Julie off Sadbh joined us upstairs in bed, she was in a great mood and ready to play.

Sadbh had a great morning and had so much energy. She was very active all morning and did not seem to want to slow down.
It was a pleasant day so Katie and I brought Sadbh out for a walk around the neighborhood to tire her out.
She was very happy to be out and enjoyed walking through our neighborhood pea-patch.

We arrived home with a tired little girl but she wanted to wear her cap so I placed it on her trach as she soaked in her bath. She was very happy playing with her little bath toys and had no problem with the cap whatsoever.

Trach care went very well and my mother held Sadbh’s trach as I cleaned. She did great and hopefully will get more practice in during the week.

Sadbh slept for two and a half hours and woke up very relaxed and in a great mood.
Nana and Granddad looked after Sadbh for the next couple of hours and she had a wonderful time playing with them in the basement.
The rest of her evening was spent playing with Katie and I and we all had a great time. She was very clingy to me all day however she would not let me wear anything but a t-shirt. I have a feeling that she is totally winding me up, but she was determined to make sure that whenever I put a top on she had me taking it off seconds later.

Sadbh was exhausted when it came time for bed. Things got a little bit ugly as she did the rounds for good night kisses. As I took a photo of Sadbh kissing Nana, Nana took the binky out of Sadbh’s mouth and Sadbh gave her a slap. It took us all by surprise as this is not a typical reaction for her.
She eventually said sorry as we explained why it was wrong to slap anyone.  Just before she went to sleep she said “Sadbh sorry” once again.
Hopefully this is not going to become a habit.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment