Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sadbh’s update – February 16th 2013


Sadbh slept great and was starting to get restless around 5. I took over from Julie at 6 and Sadbh woke up a few minutes later. She still seemed quite tired so I unhooked all her equipment and brought her up to bed in the hope that she would go back to sleep.
She was delighted to see Katie so that put an end to any hope of getting her back to sleep.

Despite the early start to the day, Sadbh had a fun morning and spent it playing with each of us. She had so much energy and showed no signs of slowing down.
She really enjoys playing Doctor and I found that the best medicine that she gives out has to be kisses.

Speaking of kisses, at one point Sadbh came up to me and asked to sit on my lap. She then leaned over and gave me a big kiss on the cheek.
Katie had put her up to it and Sadbh was beaming from ear to ear as she sauntered away.

By 1pm she was starting to get tired so we gave her a nice bath and started to get her ready for her nap. As she soaked in the tub she insisted on including as many of her bath fishes as possible.
Trach care was easy since she was in such a deep sleep. We also changed her trach and thankfully she slept right through the whole thing.
Unfortunately she woke up just as we were putting her into the cot.

Ali-Baba and Kirk stopped by for a visit shortly afterwards and since Sadbh had not seen either of them in over a week she was very shy at first.
She warmed up eventually and was right up playing with Ali-Baba and having a great time.

Katie went out for dinner with Suzie this evening so Sadbh and I stayed in and played with her train set and toys in the basement.
We had a great time and every so often she would derail the train just to put me to work getting everything back on track, so to speak.

Throughout the evening she would insist on me taking my hoodie off. I don’t know if she does not like it or thinks that I’m about to head out, but she did not want me wearing it, so I had no choice but to do what I was told.

After dinner Sadbh started to get upset and started to ask for Katie. Nana and I quickly got her changed into her pajamas and after brushing her teeth she was asleep within a couple of minutes. I’ve never seen her go to sleep so quickly, but after such a fun day and with only a very short nap she must have been exhausted.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment