Friday, November 14, 2014

Sadbh’s update – November 14, 2014


Sadbh slept like a log and woke up shortly after six. I explained that it was still nighttime and that she should go back to sleep. Thankfully she slept on for another two hours.

Sadbh and I had a great day together. I was stiff as a board from sleeping on her bedroom floor all week and was not as mobile has I had been earlier in the week. That said we got to work on her fairy house and read countless books.

Sadbh got to watch a movie after dinner tonight and she was very pleased with herself afterwards as we got her ready for trach care.
Trach care went well and as Sadbh was getting ready for bed she told Mommy that she did not want a nurse to work tonight but wanted me to sleep on the floor next to her.  She also told Katie that the nurses make too much noise and keep her awake in the night
I think our nights of nursing coverage are numbered as this week has proven without a doubt that Sadbh gets a much better night sleep when the lights are out and when there is complete silence in her room throughout the entire night.
I can’t say the same for me, although it’s definitely more important for Sadbh to get the rest that she deserves.

The nursing agency has another candidate for us to meet but this new nurse might not be 100% available and is waiting to find out is she will be reassigned to her current case. I explained that I did not want to interview and on-board another nurse that might jump ship within a few weeks and to have to go through the entire ordeal again. It took a few e-mails back and forth for the agency to understand the affect this has on our family and not that they get it they will keep that in mind when sourcing new nurses. It can be extremely frustrating.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh

No comments:

Post a Comment