Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sadbh’s update – November 18, 2014


Sadbh slept much better and did not wake until half past seven. She was in a great mood and ready to get the day started.
I woke up every forty minutes or so throughout the night to untangle Sadbh and to also drain off her humidifier hose.

Sadbh and I had a great day and at one stage while we were out shopping for groceries she fell asleep in the car. She had her trach cap on and thankfully had no problem breathing.

Sadbh was still asleep when we arrived home and this made for a very heavy load. I must have been carrying at least sixty-five pounds between Sadbh, all her medical equipment, my camera and a few other items. The tricky part was when I got in the door and had to get my shoes off as quickly as possible so I could run through the house to turn off the alarm. I made it with a few seconds to spare and most importantly without waking Sadbh up. She woke up a few moments later when I laid her down on the couch and when I started to off load all the bags.

I had a dentist appointment this evening so Sadbh was over the moon when Mommy arrived home a little earlier than usual. As soon as Sadbh had finished dinner she dragged Katie down to the basement to play with her toys.
When I got home she was just starting trach change on one of her dolls and she had me get all her trach supplies set up.
She went through the whole process with help from Katie and I and she even had me video record it.

When it came time for Sadbh’s trach care she was completely exhausted. She had a bit of a melt down beforehand and it took a lot of love from Mommy to calm her down.
Once trach care was done Sadbh had a snack and then it was off to bed. She was out like a light in no time.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh

No comments:

Post a Comment