Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sadbh’s update – day 233


Sadbh had another great nights sleep and didn’t wake until 5am.

After being cooped up in the house for the last couple of days, Sadbh finally got to go out for a walk with her Granddad and the nurse today.
It was a dry, but cold day, so Granddad made sure that Sadbh was bundled up nice and warm.

I had a work party downtown tonight, but I had to head home first to manage trach care.
As soon as I got home, I was greeted by a very happy, and not so tired baby, so I figured that there was a very slim chance that I would be able to get trach care done in time to make the event.

Sadbh was in great form and was in a very playful mood, so I didn’t mind spending the evening with my little girl.
Before too long, she was showing signs of exhaustion, so we filled her bath and got her ready for trach care.

I’ve never seen Sadbh fall asleep so quickly and before we knew it, trach care was done and Sadbh was in a deep sleep in her cot.

It was getting close to 6pm so I knew the pressure was on to get downtown and meet up with my colleagues for an hour or so, and then make it back before Sadbh’s bed time at 8.

Everything worked out perfectly and I actually got to spend 30 minutes or so with her before she went to bed.

Katie’s cousin Scott and his wife Kathy sent us a gift of a ukulele, and the look on Sadbh’s face when she seen it was impressive. For the record, I cannot play the ukulele, however when I started to strum its strings, her eyes lit up and you could tell that she was memorized, she even mimicked my strumming.

Tonight, Katie fed Sadbh her first Baby Mum-Mum biscuit and despite being full of sugar, Sadbh loved it.
That said, of all the solid foods that we have fed her so far, avocado is by far her favorite.

Dr. Inglis responded to our e-mail regarding hearing Sadbh’s voice during our recent trach change on the 19th, and even though he was excited with the news, explained that this is normal and should be expected.
We are still optimistic that her vocal cords will heal by themselves eventually, and regardless of how long, we are in it for the long haul.

We have noticed that Sadbh has been improving her crawling skills over the last few days, however she seems to crawl backwards rather than forwards.
I’ve heard that this is quite normal, but it sure looks funny when she ends up backing away from her binky or cookie and ends up under the couch.



Take care,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment