Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sadbh's update - day 89

On the weekends, I take over from Katie for feeding Sadbh during the night. Around 3am on Saturday morning, I got the call from the nurse and headed down to s room to take care of business. She was quite hungry and took to the bottle without hesitation. She has a ferocious appetite and it doesn't take long before the bottle is empty.
After giving her a quick burp, change of her diaper and switching her Oximeter probe to her other foot, it was time for her to go back to sleep. Usually she's quite quick to go back to sleep, but this morning she was full of smiles and giggles, silent giggles.

I worked quite hard to get her to sleep, and after a few minutes I felt quite proud, and even considered that I had developed the knack in getting my little girl to sleep. Just then, she opened her eyes, turned her head to me and gave me a huge giggle. 
Yet again, Sadbh showed me who was boss.


Saturday was a hectic day running errands. Sadbh came along for the ride, and was great the whole time. We are very fortunate that she is such an easy going kid.

Saturday evening was spent at the Crean's, celebrating the homecoming of baby Cormac. It was a great evening and Sadbh had a good time hanging out with her new friends.


Photos from May 9th. May 9th is when Sadbh received her treach, however it seems like it was just yesterday. She's been through so much in such a short amount of time, but it's great to see how big she's getting and how well she is developing. 

All the best for now,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment