Thursday, March 3, 2016

Sadbh’s update – March 3 2016


Sadbh’s surgery to close up her stoma in her neck is scheduled for next Monday and since Dr. Inglis gave us the green light last week we have been talking with Sadbh to keep her spirits up and to reassure her that there is nothing to worry about and that this surgery is a big step in the right direction.
On our way home this evening Sadbh was looking quite sad so I asked her if everything was all right. She responded with “I’m worried about surgery”. I asked what would she be worried about and she explained, “what if I cannot breathe after they close my stoma, just like when I was a baby”.
It was heart breaking to hear her say this and I wanted to stop the car to give her a comforting hug but unfortunately I was on the freeway and stopping was not an option.
For the rest of the journey home we talked about her fear and I comforted her by explaining that she had nothing to worry about.
Obviously, so many things can happen during surgery but Dr. Inglis is fantastic and we know he will take great care of Sadbh next Monday.








All the best,

Wayne, Katie, Sadbh and Cillian

No comments:

Post a Comment