Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sadbh’s update – day 234


Sadbh slept soundly until 5:45am and did not require any suctioning whatsoever.
Since the nurse’s shift was over at 6am, I figured that it would be easier to bring Sadbh up to Katie for her morning breakfast. As soon as we set foot into the bedroom, Sadbh’s excitement was overwhelming.

As soon as Sadbh was done feeding, both ladies fell into a deep slumber, unfortunately this resulted in Katie being slightly late for work. That said, I’m sure it was worthwhile.

Sadbh had another great day with Granddad and they got to go for a nice long walk through the neighborhood.
Unfortunately for my father, the nurse apparently walked the stroller through dog poop, so this required a big clean up once everyone got home. Good times.

As soon as I walked in the door, I was greeted by a happy, smiling little girl, and nothing beats coming home to that smile.

I was able to spend another hour or so, playing with Sadbh before she was finally ready for a nap and trach care.
Afterwards, we all got to play some more and during dinner, Sadbh got to sit in her Bumbo seat on our dining table.
We moved Sadbh and all her gear upstairs to our room as we wont have nurses until Sunday night.
I love sleeping in the same room as Sadbh, and I’m sure she feels the same way.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment