Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sadbh’s update – day 247


Sadbh had a very restless nights sleep, and was awake at 1:30, and again at 3:40. Fortunately the night nurse that was on shift is great and was able to take care of her, and got her back to sleep each time.

By 5:00, she was wide-awake and was very ready for breakfast. She didn’t have to wait long before Katie arrived on the scene and took care of business.

Sadbh had a great day and Katie’s mom came over just before noon to help my father manage trach care.

After Sadbh woke up from her nap, my father fed her a bottle and sweet potato, however something didn’t sit well so she puked it all up.
Since she had an empty belly, my father prepared some serial, which she devoured and ended up very happy.

I had a work Christmas Party to attend this evening, so it was getting close to Sadbh’s bedtime by the time I arrived home. Fortunately she was still awake and we got to cuddle and spend a little amount of time before she went to bed. I actually got to read her a bed time story, but I don’t think she was really that interested. Nevertheless, I was very happy to get to spend those few precious moments with her before it was time for bed.

I hope she has a better nights sleep tonight.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment