Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sadbh’s update – October 30th 2012


All the pre-bedtime excitement must have worn Sadbh out because she slept like a log all night and did not move once. Her heart rate was in the low 90’s and even dropped down into the 60’s at one point.

Around 6:15 I received a call at work and it was Sadbh. She woke up and was asking for me while also making the sounds that I made while sniffing her feet. It made my day.

It was pouring rain all day so Sadbh spent the day indoors. She did not mind and had a great time taking turns playing with Granddad, Nana and Caity.

She was ready for her nap just before noon so it was time for her bath and trach care. Everything went well and Sadbh slept for over two and a half hours.

As soon as Sadbh was done with her afternoon nap, it was time for lunch and back down to the basement to play with her toys.
She had so much fun it did not matter how bad the weather was.

Sadbh came running up to me when I arrived home and stuck her foot into the air. It took me a second to figure out what she was doing and then I realized she wanted me to smell her feet. She was in hysterics when I sniffed and went phewwww! It was brilliant.

She had a great evening and was very playful right up to her bedtime.
Larissa has tonight off so Sadbh is upstairs with us. I’m hoping she gets another good night sleep.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment