Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sadbh’s update – September 17th 2013


Sadbh was somewhat restless during the night and got herself wrapped up in her hose and wires a few times.
She woke up in a great mood and even though my back was aching from an uncomfortable night it was all made worthwhile when I received a huge smile and a giggle as soon as I poked my head over the cot rail.

After breakfast we both headed up to the shops to get some groceries. Sadbh wanted to bring half her kitchen and settled on a purse full of toy cookies and her doll named First Doll, since she was the first doll she received and for the fact that she has “First Doll” embroidered across her front.

It was a nice walk and Sadbh got to chat with Granddad and aunty Trish along the way.
As we approached the house Sadbh noticed that First Doll was missing so after I dropped the shopping off at the house we headed back to retrace our steps to see if we could find her doll.
Sadbh was happy snacking in her stroller however we were unable to find the missing doll.
Thankfully I seemed to be more upset about this that Sadbh and she kept telling me not to be sad.

Once home it was time for Sadbh’s nap. Her trach had been capped for a couple of hours by now so I decided to leave it on to see how she would handle it. To my surprise she dropped off to sleep after ten or so minutes and even though she was working harder than usual to breath she was sleeping somewhat comfortably.

Her new night nurse, Crystal, arrived at two for a couple of hours training. At this point I removed Sadbh’s trach cap so she could fall into a deeper sleep as I showed Crystal all the equipment and medical supplies in her room.
Eventually Sadbh woke up so I got her ready for lunch. She explained to Crystal that her doll went missing and that daddy was sad.

Sadbh had figured out that when she realizes that she is walking on thin ice with me that all she has to do is give me a big toothy smile. She will hold this smile until I either start to laugh, which she wants, or until I give up and let her off with whatever it is she is doing to push my buttons.
I have to admit that it is extremely tough trying to act serious when she gives me that big smile. She is such a player!





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment