Friday, April 3, 2015

Sadbh’s update – April 3, 2015


Sadbh was very upset when I took over from Jirapa this morning. She threw a tantrum while wanting Mommy to come down. After Katie took over they had a good chat and Sadbh apologized and gave me a huge hug and a kiss.

I had a couple of meetings this morning and Sadbh was sad to see me leave. It was quite the change of mood from first thing this morning but I promised that I would play with her as soon as I got back.

She was waiting for me to keep my end of the promise and for the rest of the day we played and had a great time. She has an endless supply of energy. Even though she looks exhausted, she rarely ever slows down.

Katie brought Cillian into her work today to show him off to her colleagues. Sadbh was fine with Katie being gone as long as I kept playing with her.
I even managed to read a few books to her and was secretly hoping that she might take a nap while I read. This did not work but she was in an excellent mood so it was all good.

Katie and I managed trach care as soon as she arrived home and for a treat Sadbh got to watch Pocahontas 2 after dinner.

We do not have nursing coverage this weekend so I moved her medical equipment upstairs while she was watching the movie. Once the movie was over she wanted to play for a while longer. By now she was beyond tired so it was time to get into her pajamas, brush her teeth and head up to bed. It did not take long before she was fast asleep.

Sadbh has her sleep study at Children’s hospital tomorrow evening and she is getting very excited. We have been talking with her about what to expect and we have also been showing her photos of her friend Grace at her first sleep study. She is looking forward to going and she cannot wait to get to put all the sensors on.






All the best,

Wayne, Katie, Sadbh and Cillian

No comments:

Post a Comment