Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sadbh's update - day 133


It was a sad day around the house on Monday, due to my families departure home.


My mother was a great help by feeding Sadbh throughout the night, and got to spend a lot of time with both of her youngest grandkids. 

Last week, my brother and his wife Ann visited San Francisco for a few days and brought cute Alcatraz Island prison clothes for the kids. Before everyone left today, we had to take a group photo of the three of then in their prison outfits, and I have to say, all three looked adorable.

Farewells are always hard, especially since we all live so far away from each other, and it will be quite some time before we are all together again. 
Trish, Dan and the two boys have a grueling 30 hour journey before they arrive back in New Zealand, while the rest of my family have a 13 hour journey to Ireland.
For the first time in a few weeks, the house seems very empty, and I'm sure this will be a bit of an adjustment for Sadbh since she was on the receiving end of so much love and attention.

I often reflect on the past few months and on how difficult this journey has been for the three of us, and I am so grateful that I am surrounded by such amazing family members, both on Katie's side, and my side. We are all spread around the world, however the love, support and care that everyone has sent our way has given us the strength to deal with this, and to keep our spirits positive.
In the grand scheme of things, we are the luckiest people around.

To our immediate and extended families, thank you so much and we love you all!



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment