Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sadbh's update - day 102

Nothing beats sleeping in and snuggling with your baby girl. I took Friday off work, and as soon as the night nurse finished her shift, I brought Sadbh up to bed for a couple of hours snuggling. All in all it was a great day and I was so happy to get to spend it with my little girl.


I haven't experienced spending the day with a nurse in a very long time, and I have to say, it's quite the experience. I feel bad that Katie has to deal with this every day while I'm working. 

Both Ali-Baba and I took care of the trach care today, giving Katie a break from this task. This was the first day that she has not had to do trach care since we left Children's hospital, somewhere in the region of 52 days, so we sent her off to get her nails done.

We meet up with Cormac and his family for dinner this evening. Sadbh wore a lovely dress that she got from her uncle Benny, however Cormac slept the whole time so he didn't notice. 

We went to McGilvra's bar and restaurant in Madison Park, the same restaurant that we brought her to on her first dining experience. On that first occasion, Sadbh had a total meltdown as soon as the food arrived, and due to our inexperience, we quickly paid our bill and left. 
Since then, Sadbh has been fantastic when we go out for dinner, however last night she had another meltdown. She had not slept well through the evening and the restaurant was bright and noisy. This time around, both Katie and I took turns in calming her down and within twenty minutes, she was fast asleep. Thankfully I had ordered a salad, so at least I didn't have to worry about eating my dinner cold. 


Saturday will be spent getting ready to change out Sadbh's trach and I think it will be Katie's turn to insert the new trach. 


Congratulations to Robyn and Darragh on the arrival of their little baby boy Conor!



Have a great weekend,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment