Monday, April 1, 2013

Sadbh’s update – April 1st 2013


Sadbh slept great and did not wake despite ending up at the foot of her bed.
This gave her nurse, Helen, a good opportunity to gauge her baseline and to get to know Sadbh as she slept.

She was wide awake by 6:15am and happy to see Katie.  Sadbh, Katie, Regal and Meow Meow went upstairs to get ready for the day.  When they came down, Granddad was just finishing up his specialty blueberry pancakes.  Sadbh was in a great mood all morning.

Later on, Sadbh, Nana, Amy and Granddad went for a nice long walk and saw lots of buses and dogs.  Sadbh wore her cap for a total of 2hrs and 10 minutes (two sessions) and by 1pm she was ready for her bath, nap and trach care.  Amy and Granddad managed trach care well and Sadbh slept on until 3:30pm.

When she woke up, she wasn’t hungry and she refused to eat the lovely dinner that Granddad had prepared for her.  Afterwards, Sadbh had a great time exploring the garden and she wore her cap for again for 1hr 37 minutes.

Sadbh was outside talking to her neighbor Pat when I arrived home.  She also was outside on the street when Mommy pulled up.  She had a nice evening and helped Mommy and I to prepare dinner.  After dinner, she colored for a little while, then Mommy read her a few books before going to bed. 
She did not want me to put her to bed and put up quite a fight. After a while she finally gave in so I laid her down in her cot while she drifted off to sleep. Within a couple of minutes she was standing up calling for me so when I went back into her room she told me that she was "scared" and asked to be held. 
I tried rocking her to sleep in my arms but she insisted on me sitting down and cuddled in tight to me. Within ten minutes she was in a deep sleep and back in her bed.

Larissa works tonight and this will be her last week working night shifts for Sadbh.   Starting the week after next, she will be moving to day shifts with us and Sadbh will get to know the person who looked after her while she slept for over a year and a half.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment