Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sadbh’s update – November 27th 2013


Sadbh woke up bright and early and could not wait to get upstairs to Mommy.
After a nice snuggle we headed downstairs to see if Nini was up. Nini was still fast asleep so Sadbh snuck into her room to try and wake her up. Nini must have been in a very deep sleep as it took almost ten minutes for Sadbh to finally wake her up.

As soon as Sadbh was done with breakfast we headed up to Trader Joes for a walk and it was the slowest walk ever. Sadbh took her time and she enjoyed every step of the way.
To speed things up I gave her an occasional piggyback but she thought it was funnier to block my eyes so I could not see where I was going.

Nini helped out with trach care today and she did a fantastic job. Sadbh fought us hard and when she finally gave in we were all exhausted. Unfortunately, she would not go to sleep afterwards so it make for a long tiresome day.

Surprisingly Sadbh had a fun evening and spent most of it playing with Nini.
Bedtime came easy and just before she went to bed she came running out to the kitchen, grabbed me by one of my back pockets and dragged me backwards into her bedroom while laughing her head off. When I asked her if she wanted me to snuggle her to sleep she grabbed the other pocket and dragged me out of her room. It was so funny.

Crystal, our night nurse, handed in her notice to the agency yesterday. We were looking for a replacement anyway as she is very noisy and does not seem to be fully focused on Sadbh throughout the night.
We meet with a potential candidate this even and while she seemed to be well qualified we have reservations and don’t think she will be a good match for us.




All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

Sadbh’s update – November 26th 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment