Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sadbh’s update – December 10, 2014


Sadbh slept well and woke up around quarter past seven. She wanted to run upstairs to Mommy immediately and got to snuggle for a short while before Mommy headed off for an appointment.

Sadbh and I had a fun morning and after breakfast we headed off for a walk to the post office. I asked Sadbh if she needed to go potty before leaving and as usual Sadbh told me that she was good. A block from the post office, which is only a couple of blocks away from the house, she started doing her “holding in a poop” dance. Unfortunately I was carrying enough stuff that I could not just pick her up so we moved as quickly as she would allow to the post office so I could unload my letters.
As soon as that task was accomplished I picked her up and moved as quickly as I could with her in one arm and all her equipment in the other. It was quite the work out but we made it home without incident.

Once we were settled in at home it was time to finish off decorating the ginger bread house. Sadbh was eager to eat as much of the icing as possible and I had a tough time keeping her from eating too much.
We had a lot of fun and the end result did not look too bad.

Ali-Baba and Kirk came by to help with trach care and hang out. Sadbh snuggled up with Ali-Baba and got to look at a few videos of her Portland cousins.
Katie arrived home early so we both got trach care out of the way and once finished she and Ali-Baba headed off for an appointment.
Sadbh was still in a good mood and kept Kirk and me entertained with her dancing and singing.
Kirk was enjoying playing and building Sadbh’s Lego’s while I was reading a couple of books to Sadbh. Half way through one she stopped me and walked over to Kirk. She said “I do not think that’s a good idea” and proceeded to fix the Lego per how it was meant to be.

During dinner she took the opportunity to bring the issue concerning creative freedom with her Lego up again with Kirk, much to everyone’s amusement.

By bedtime she was very tired and was fast asleep by nine. 





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh

No comments:

Post a Comment