Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Sadbh’s update – December 23, 2014


Sadbh woke up a couple of times during the night and she seemed to be fairly restless for a while. We assumed that she might have been wearing her trach cap but I found out this morning when I took over from Jirapa that she had taken the trach cap off shortly after her shift had started.

Sadbh woke up at half past seven and at first she was in a cranky mood. I was able to cheer her up and we headed out to the kitchen to make breakfast.

She had a great day today and she took turns in wiping each of us out. When she was done with Nana and Granddad she started back on Katie and me. She had us act out the different roles of her new favorite movie, Tangled. She was Rapunzel, of course, Katie was Mother Gothel and I was Flynn Rider. She had so much fun running around the house with me over and over again. I could hardly keep up. She even placed a long yellow blanket over her head to pretend she had very long golden hair.

As soon as we got a chance, Katie and I managed trach care and after that it was time for dinner and then a movie. We had no choice but to watch “Tangled” again, much to Sadbh’s delight.

By bedtime she was a wreck as she was well beyond tired. Thankfully she was fast asleep in a matter of seconds.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh

No comments:

Post a Comment