Monday, September 12, 2011

Sadbh's update - day 154

Monday morning was a tough one for Katie as it was her first day back at work since Sadbh was born. It was a bitter-sweet experience since she was excited to go back to work, however it was very hard for her to leave Sadbh behind.
To make things a little easier, I took the day off and stayed home with our little princess.

I didn’t think that Katie would ever leave, she kept finding excuses to delay her departure, but eventually she had no choice but to head to work.
My heart was heavy for her as she walked down the path to her car, but I knew that she would be fine.

Throughout the day I sent photos and texts to Katie keeping her updated on Sadbh’s activities.

Shortly after Katie left, Sadbh woke up with a huge smile on her face and it was time for her second breakfast, or maybe it was brunch.
After she was fed she gave out a huge belch and we played for an hour or so until her next naptime.

Sadbh hasn’t been too sure of one of her toys. It’s the Jumperoo, and ever since we purchased it for her she usually only lasts a few minutes before she starts to get upset.
Today I placed her in it for a while as I tried to organize a few things in the kitchen and when I looked over to see how she was doing, she was having a ball. This time around, she actually lasted about 15 minutes in it before she got bored and wanted to move on.  

After her next nap, I figured we should take a nice long walk up to Capitol Hill and run a few errands. She was a super star the whole way and despite only sleeping for 30 minutes or so, she was happy bumping along Seattle’s terrible sidewalks.
By the time we got home, my goal was to keep her awake for at least another hour and a half until mommy came home, so we could then take care of trach care.
This wasn’t easy, however I was quite determined to keep her awake by any means possible.
An hour and a half turned into two hours, and by this time, Sadbh was seriously turning into Princess Angry Bird.
As soon as mommy came into her room, Sadbh stopped crying and gave her the biggest smile ever. This is probably the best greeting that anyone can receive after a long day at work.

It didn’t take long to finish up bathing Sadbh and getting her bundled up for her nap, and before we knew it, she wasn’t ready for sleep, she wanted some mommy time.

Eventually she was ready for sleep and we were able to start work on trach care. She was in such a deep sleep that it was extremely easy to manage.

I honestly have to say, I loved hanging out with Sadbh today and wouldn’t mind if this was a full time gig for me. Leave all the pressures of my job behind and focus all my energy and efforts on Sadbh, now that would be grand.



Take care,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment