Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sadbh's update - day 164

Sadbh was awake at midnight for a feed, and since Katie was so tired, I took care of business.
Little did I know, it was Princess Angry Bird who was awake, and it took forever to get her calmed down and back to sleep after her bottle.

The clumsy noisy nurse was working last night, so none of us got a good nights sleep.
Every so often we could hear her walking around downstairs and just before my alarm went off, there was a huge clatter in Sadbh’s room
Evidentially, the nurse was cleaning out the scuction canister in the bathroom and it’s fairly obvious at this stage that in order to clean out this piece of equipment, you have to drop it on the ground first, before attaching it to the rest of the equipment.

It has to be said, we would be so much better off not having a night nurse when this particular nurse works, as we get no rest whatsoever.

Sadbh had a great day hanging out with Audrey, our day nurse.
When Ali-Baba arrived, both she and Audrey took care of Sadbh’s trach care. This is the first time that a nurse has managed this for us and it goes to show how much trust we have in her.
It’s really too bad that she is moving to San Diego.

Sadbh was asleep when I got home, and I figured that I would take advantage of this to get a few things done around the house before Katie got home. Specifically, her birthday card and gift.
Sadbh wasn’t having any of it and was awake and demanding attention in no time.

She appeared to be hungry, however a bottle did not seem to satisfy her.
After quite some time trying to keep her calm, I bundled her up and she fell asleep in my arms as I rocked her back and forth.

She slept for another hour or so and after she woke up, we all headed out for Sushi to celebrate Katie’s birthday.

Sadbh is such a flirt. All the servers at the restaurant kept coming over to check her out, and she gave them all a huge smile each time.
I know I’m going to have my work cut out for me when she’s older.

We are going to wait another few days before trying out the Passy Muir trach valve as we have not noticed much leakage in her airway since Monday. We believe there might be some swelling due to the healing of her granuloma removal, so it will be best to wait another few days before trying the valve out.



All the best, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Katie!!

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment