Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sadbh’s update – May 16th 2013


Sadbh had a very restless night and woke up very upset at 4. She finally dropped back to sleep at 5 and slept soundly for another hour and a half.

Thankfully she was in a great mood when she woke up and asked Katie to call me at work.
It was a treat for me especially when she told me that she loved me and I could hear her kissing the phone before she accidently hung up the phone.

She had a great morning with Amy and Larissa and when it came time for trach care Sadbh was very corporative. Trach care went well and Sadbh fell into a deep sleep immediately afterwards.

After lunch Sadbh and her posse headed out for a walk. It had turned out to be a lovely day and Sadbh really enjoyed being out and about.
When I arrived home Sadbh and I went out to play in the garden. Sadbh insisted on watering her plants.

We thought Sadbh would be easy to put to bed tonight since she had such a rough night last night and was very tired at bedtime. We were very wrong as Sadbh resisted every attempt to get her to sleep.

Sadbh was finally dozing off in Katie’s arms when suddenly she rolled back, looked up at Katie and said “Granddad”.  Katie said “Granddad?” and Sadbh said “I miss him. It makes me sad”. She put her finger on her face and made the sign for tears.  She then took her binkie out of her mouth and made her sad face (her lips bunched up saying ‘aoouh’.  Then she said “I miss Nana so much”.  Katie couldn’t stop herself from crying either.  It was a very sweet moment.  She is such an amazing 2 year old. 






All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment