Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sadbh’s update – May 18th 2013


Sadbh slept great and even tolerated her trach cap for 45 minutes.
When Katie arrived down at 6 she found Sadbh and Danielle hanging out chatting. Danielle was showing Sadbh photos of her daughter and Sadbh was in a great mood.

Her lungs sounded better than the evening before so we think she is in good shape and not developing a cold.

She had a big breakfast and could not wait to wake me up. She kept asking to Skype with Nana and Granddad and when we finally connected with them she was over the moon. They were visiting my aunt Joan so Sadbh got to chat with everyone. She even sang a few of her favorite songs for them all.
We all had a fun morning and when it came time for trach care Sadbh was a star. She laid there watching Kipper while Katie and I managed trach care.
Soon she was sleeping her head off.

Katie’s company party was on tonight so I stayed home with Sadbh. It was a pleasant evening so Sadbh and I headed up to Capitol Hill for a nice long walk. She was determined to walk most of the way but refused to hold my hand. Every time I asked her to hold my hand she would respond with “I will hold Sadbh’s hand” and with a huge grin she would lock her hands together.

Bedtime was quite easy tonight as she was very tired from all the walking. Both of us fell asleep as I was rocking her to sleep.
It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day.




All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment