Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 297 February 2nd, 2012


Sadbh slept sound through the night and woke up shortly after 5:15am for a snack.
After she was done with her early breakfast, I popped in to see her and give her a big hug.
Sadbh was excited and so was I. I missed her something terrible over the past few days while I was away.
After a while, I had to say good bye since I had to leave for work, but this was fine as Sadbh was soon ready to go back to sleep.

Another new nurse started today. Kara also works with Molly and Su Jin at Children’s and we are very fortunate that she signed up to help with Sadbh.

It was a busy day for Sadbh as she played with both Granddad and Kara and later in the morning they both managed trach care.

Later in the afternoon, all three took advantage of the lovely weather and headed up to Madrona for a long walk.
Sadbh was in her element outside and they could not get her to sleep.

By the time I got home from work, Sadbh was exhausted tired, since she did not nap since trach care, however she was very excited to see me, and we both got some great play time in for at least an hour.
Eventually, it was time to bundle her up and as soon as she hit the pillow, she was fast asleep.

She slept for just over an hour and shortly after Katie arrived home, Sadbh was ready for dinner.
Our friend Neil stopped by, and after Sadbh had her dinner, she came out to play with Neil.

She got to taste a couple of different curries tonight, and was eager for more. Unfortunately for Sadbh, we limited her tasting to only two little samplings, however I think she will appreciate it the next time she needs to fill her diaper.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment