Friday, February 24, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 319 February 24th, 2012


Sadbh slept really well through the night, considering not having a nurse looking after her.
She did break loose from her swaddle around 2am, and had to be bundled back up.
It was time for breakfast around 4:30, and she joined us in bed for a snooze right after. I noticed that she needed to be suctioned, and when I went to use her suction machine, it would not work.
Since it is such a loud device, I took it into the spare room to figure out what was wrong, and after dismantling most of it, I discovered the problem. Once everything was reassembled, we were good to go and after a quick suction of her trach, Sadbh was able to breath much easier.

When it came time for me to head out to work, both Katie and Sadbh were in a deep sleep and were comfortable cuddled up with each other. I wanted to take a photo, but I did not want to disturb them with the flash of my camera.

Since my father has been so busy caring for Sadbh over the last week or so, today he got a chance to relax and headed out to spend the day with a couple of friends.

Katie’s mum came over to help with trach care, and all three women headed off to Ikea for a bit of shopping.

Sadbh was in her element in Ikea today, especially when she arrived in the lighting department. She couldn’t believe her eyes with all the lights and she was pointing and doing the baby sign for lights everywhere she looked.

Sadbh was in such a playful mood this evening. Since I’m finally over the worst of my cold, I was able to catch up on missing out on all the playtime throughout the week.

She did not nap throughout the rest of the day and when it was time for bed, she was exhausted.



Have a great weekend,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment