Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 302 February 7th, 2012


Sadbh had another restless night sleep, however she slept through the night and it seems that she was a lot more comfortable than the night before.
Her night nurse Larissa was quick to comfort her through the night, and this also allowed both Katie and I to get a good night sleep ourselves.

On my way out to work this morning, I popped in to see how she was doing, and a few minutes later she was awake and hungry for breakfast.
I called Katie down, and after ten or so minutes, I had to call her down again.
Even though she had answered on the first call, she thought that she had come down to feed Sadbh, however she was simply dreaming about it.

As you could imagine, Sadbh was delighted when Katie finally arrived down.

Today was very similar to yesterday, and Peggy spent a lot of time helping my father with trach care and keeping Sadbh entertained.
When I say entertained, I am not exaggerating. Peggy can put on quite the show, and Sadbh loves it.
There is singing, dancing and all sorts of fun going on. Peggy is quite the character and she is so good for Sadbh’s development.

It was another beautiful day, so my father took Sadbh on a nice long walk through the neighborhood.
Just before he bundled her up to head out, he handed her a Satsuma and she was really interested in trying to figure it out.  

Sadbh was ready for her nap when I arrived home, so I gave my father a break and went to put her to bed.
Unfortunately she was not having any of it and after almost an hour of trying, I unhooked all her equipment, got her dressed and we headed out to the kitchen.
Her baby signs are getting better every day and this evening she impressed me by giving me the sign for milk.
Who was I to argue with that, so it was off to the fridge to find a bottle of her favorite brand of liquid gold and after heating it up, she was a happy little camper.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Sadbh is so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful grandparents. My father is so good with Sadbh, and the sacrifices that he and my mother have made to help out are incredible. We are also so lucky to have Katie’s mother living so close and available to help out on a regular basis.
Both Katie and I consider ourselves extremely fortunate that we can leave for work each day, knowing full well that Sadbh is in the best of care and will be looked after and cared for like no other.
Not to mention the developmental skills that she is getting every day, we are very lucky indeed.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment