Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 307 February 12th, 2012


Sunday was another fun day for Sadbh and for the rest of us.
The night started off well for Sadbh, but unfortunately when I came to bed a few hours later, I accidentally woke her up, and it was a serious effort from both Katie and I to get her back to sleep.
Once asleep, she was out for the count and did not wake up until after four. She had a quick breakfast, and it was snuggle time with us in bed for another few hours.

After trach care, she had a very short nap, so we decided to bundle her up and head downtown for a couple of hours.

Sadbh loved the hustle and bustle of the market. She was fascinated with everything from the flying fish, to the flower stalls, even the street musicians. It was a lovely day, so you can only imagine how busy it was.

Eventually the excitement got to her and despite fighting hard to stay awake, she could hardly keep her eyes open.

She had a nice long nap while we drove over to Fremont. She was still asleep when we arrived, so Katie stayed with her in the car while my father and I walked around. Unfortunately by the time Sadbh woke up, most of the stores were closed, so it was time for us to head home.

After dinner, I was showing Sadbh one of her picture books. We came to a couple of pages that had a picture of girl on one page, and a picture of a boy on the other. When I asked Sadbh to point at the girl, she got it right. I’m not sure if it was luck or not, but I was certainly very impressed.

The excitement of the day really wiped her out, so going to bed was very easy tonight.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment