Monday, February 27, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 322 February 27th, 2012

Sadbh joined us in bed this morning around 1am after waking up and refusing to go back to sleep. As soon as she was tucked in, she fell into a deep sleep and did not stir until close to 5am, when she woke up for a quick breakfast.

Afterwards, both she and Katie got to snuggle and sleep in for another couple of hours.

Her nurse Molly, from Children’s, was working today, and was able to help my father with trach care.

After Sadbh woke up from her nap and had lunch, all three of them took advantage of the sunshine and headed up to Capitol Hill for a stroll.

She was so full of energy when I arrived home.
I had her laughing for ages with non-stop tickles, and blowing on her belly. Even though her laughter is silent for the most part, it is such a delight to get her going.

When Katie arrived home, she took care of Sadbh while I answered a few work e-mails, and next thing, I felt Sadbh tapping my shoulder and looking at me with an expression of disappointment that I was not focusing my attention on her.

She was exhausted when it came time for bed, and after a bedtime story and some snuggles, she was asleep by the time she laid her head down.

Tomorrow is a big day for Sadbh as we have her ENT check up with Dr. Inglis in the afternoon.
We are not expecting a huge change, however it will be interesting to see how much of an improvement she has made since her last visit three months ago.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment