Monday, February 6, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 301 February 6th, 2012


Sadbh did not have a night nurse on Sunday night and unfortunately she had a terrible night sleep. She was awake on and off from12:30 onwards.
Not only was she restless most of the night, she required constant suctioning, so that kept both Katie and myself up also.
Thankfully she did not seem to be fighting a cold or anything like that, so we think it might have been a bad case of gas that was causing her discomfort.

Sadbh had a great day overall and later in the morning, Peggy came over to help my father with trach care. Sadbh slept for almost an hour and a half, and after she awoke, it was time for lunch.

It was another beautiful day here in Seattle so Granddad took Sadbh for a walk around the neighborhood.

She just went to bed for a nap when I arrived home from work, so I had to wait until she woke up before I got a chance to play with her.
My patience paid off about 45 minutes later when I could see her fussing on the video monitor. When I popped my head in through her bedroom door, she was ready to get out of her cot.

As soon as she was fed, she was full of energy and was ready to have some fun.
We all had a great evening and while she was wearing her Passy Muir Valve, we even got to hear a few quiet sounds coming through her vocal cords and out through her mouth. 



Take care,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment