Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sadbh’s update – March 12th 2014


Sadbh was quite restless for the first part of the night but eventually she calmed down. She was in a very deep sleep when I took over at 6 and she managed to sleep in until shortly after 8.

It was a beautiful day but it started off quite foggy. Sadbh was so excited when she looked out the window to see all the fog.
After breakfast we spent an hour or so painting and learning how to draw circles, squares and triangles.

In the early afternoon we headed off out for a walk to get some groceries and like yesterday Sadbh took her sweet time. It was nice to be out of the house and to get some nice warm fresh air and sun.

When it came time for trach care Sadbh was beyond tired. All the walking today wore her out but she would not settle down so we had to pull up Bob the builder on Netflix and thankfully that did the trick.

I actually had a very frustrating day dealing with our medical supply company. Sadbh’s monthly medical supply list averages at 25 different items and is submitted by the 22nd of each month for that same month.
The order I placed for February shipped late and after 30 e-mails back and forth the company has still not shipped the full list of items.
Today I learn that “due to a policy change” I will need to supply my credit card number for items that our insurance companies will not cover, keep in mind we have three insurance companies covering Sadbh’s needs now.
When I asked for a list of the items that are covered by insurance the rep at the medical supply company mentioned that he does not have that list and that I will need to follow up with my insurance companies. I never thought that chasing my tail would be so much fun.




All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.


Sadbh’s update – March 11th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment