Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sadbh’s update – March 1st 2014


Sadbh woke up before Danielle’s shift ended and spent some time hanging out with her. She remembered the cupcake that Danielle made her two weeks prior and started to talk about how yummy it was.

I gave Sadbh a bath before trach care. The water was a little too hot for her and caused her to get very upset. I pulled her out sitting her on my lap while I went to cool down the bath water when all of a sudden Sadbh piddled all over me. I was soaked and Sadbh instantly felt bad. She grabbed toilet paper to try and blot it up. It was so funny, even Sophia was doubled over with laughter.

After everyone was cleaned up and in fresh clothes Katie and I managed trach care. It went well and afterwards it was time to Skype with Sadbh’s cousin Fionn back in Cork. He is getting bigger by the day and Sadbh could not stop kissing him on the computer.

Later in the evening we headed over to West Seattle to meet up with uncle Neil who had just returned from his holidays in Europe. Sadbh greeted him with “How’s it going geezer, how’s me old China?” Basically this translates to “how’s it going, how’s my friend?” in Cockney slang.

As Katie was putting Sadbh to bed tonight Sadbh mentioned that she wished she could fly while wearing a pink bow. If only life was as simple as that.




All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment