Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sadbh’s update – March 25th 2014


Sadbh had another great night under the watchful eye of Helen. She did not need to be suctioned throughout the night but her upper airway sounded a little goopy so I gave her a saline nebulizer and a suction after breakfast.

Sadbh and I had a much quieter day today and we were house bound since the weather was bad.
Nevertheless, we had a wonderful day and Sadbh had a lot of fun.

During lunch Sadbh got to chat with Nana and Granddad in New Zealand and she told them how excited she was that they were coming to visit next week. My dad texted a photo of my nephew Fionn and Sadbh fell in love with him. I cannot wait for them to meet, however I’m not sure when that will happen.

She received an early birthday present from her grandfather in San Francisco. Poppy sent Sadbh a teddy bear the same size as her and she fell in love with it as soon as she found it. She named the bear Rose and played with her all evening.

Katie and I managed trach care at bedtime and unfortunately Sadbh did not want to cooperate. Everything started off well but as soon as I had removed her trach ties she got very upset and would not allow us to get near her neck. It created a very stressful and scary situation and in the end I had to hold her down to keep her from knocking her trach out.
By the time we finished up we were all wiped out. It took a little persuasion to get Sadbh off to sleep.

We were not feeling very confident with Kysha and neither Katie nor I felt that she would be able to take care of Sadbh if Sadbh got sick.
We chatted with Helen last night to see if she would be available to pick up the night shift during the week and thankfully she is available for the next couple of months.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment