Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sadbh’s update – day 198


Sadbh was awake again this morning around 2:30am and according to our nurse, she had a lot of gas throughout the night and suffered quite a bit of discomfort.

Usually when Sadbh is fed by either myself or my father, we will open her window blinds so she can look into the garden at the lush trees and vegetation as she is fed.
This morning when she looked out the window, she was met with a surprise, there was a bird scarecrow outside looking in.
I wonder if Ali-Baba had anything to do with this scarecrow….  

Since we had not heard back from the agency regarding nurse coverage for tonight, I had to follow up with them a couple of times today.
They finally got someone to cover the shift, however both Katie and I feel bad since it’s our nurse that only works two nights a week since she’s got two kids, and she has already worked both nights this week.
Katie followed up with the agency supervisor to let him know how bad things have been recently and yet again we received the same old story.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Sadbh’s vocal cord issue is so much easier to deal with that dealing with the nursing agency.

Sadbh had a great day today and got to Skype with my family back in Cork, and with my sister in Tauranga in New Zealand.

We gave her a break from solid food today since she’s been having such issues discomfort due to gas.
It’s probably a good thing as it will let us air out the house a little bit also.



Take care,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment