Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sadbh's update - day 24 part 2

Unfortunately our trial period of a few days ended a lot sooner than we anticipated. 

Sadbh laboured long and hard to breath without the ventilator and we decided that it would be best to intubate her again with the breathing tube. Our next steps are to meet with Dr. Inglis tomorrow to start the procedure for a tracheotomy. 

It was so good to see her for those few hours without the tube in the way of her mouth, and to get to see her smile from time to time. You know, some say that when babies smile in their sleep, they supposedly see angels. Well all I know is, when I see my baby smile in her sleep, I see one beautiful angel right there in front of me. 

We also noticed that her eyes are changing colour from dark blue to a brownish colour. It is truly amazing the changes you see from day to day.

I've posted one photo of Sadbh, post intubation. At this stage, she was heavily sedated on fentynal and she was paralyzed with the aid of drugs. What kills me is when I look into my daughters eyes, I can see deep into her soul and despite everything that is going on, there is nothing I can do to fix this situation. Other than be there for her of course.


Have a good night.

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet face!! More beautiful every day.
    xoxo
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete