Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sadbh’s update – June 10th 2014


Sadbh had a good night but got up shortly before midnight. I think she was actually sleepwalking but I was able to get her back down and off to sleep without waking her up.

She woke up in a great mood and poked her head over her bed rail to see if I was next to her. I was wide-awake and as soon as she saw me she gave me the biggest smile and grabbed my hand.

We had a couple of contractors in the house today working on the bathroom so Sadbh and I were house bound for the most part. She was very interested in what was going on and was very friendly to the two workers.

Usually Sadbh does not get to play with her toys in the morning as we spend that time learning and doing arts and crafts. Unfortunately I forgot to put all her toys into the basement last night so first thing this morning Sadbh found all her ponies and dolls. Since there was no hope in taking the toys from her I had a chat explaining that she had to follow the rules and do everything that was asked of her, if she did not then she would lose all her toy privileges for the remainder of the day.
After my lecture, Katie heard Sadbh talking to her pony, Pinkie Pie, saying, “daddy is a meanie pants”. When Katie asked what she had said, Sadbh explained that it was Pinkie Pie who had said it.

We spent the morning learning the alphabet, going over the months and days and painting. In the afternoon we headed out for a nice walk but Sadbh got lazy a few blocks in and insisted on climbing into her stroller.

Traffic was a nightmare this evening so Katie was much later than usual getting home. Sadbh was delighted to see her but the evening was short and before she knew what time it was we were getting ready for trach care and bed.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment