Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sadbh’s update – June 17th 2014


Sadbh had a much better night sleep but still did not wear her trach cap. It’s disappointing that she is not even allowing Helen the opportunity to put it on.
She woke up around 7:30 and was ready to start the day. She was very hungry and had a nice breakfast before getting dressed.

Once she was done with breakfast we headed out to run a few errands and Sadbh was so helpful.

After we arrived home I had to move the car to the front of the house. Sadbh gave me a hand driving and actually asked me to sit in the passenger seat. She looked like she knew what she was doing but couldn’t even see over the dash.

Sadbh got to chat with Nana and Granddad this evening and promised that she would start wearing her cap at night again. She really wants to visit them in Ireland and especially wants to meet her cousin Fionn.

Sadbh is getting pickier with her food and lately we have been wasting so much food. Tonight I decided not to cook something different for her and to give her exactly what Katie and I were eating. She picked through it and ate some, but I think she wasted less and still satisfied her appetite.

Before bedtime Sadbh got to call Ali-Baba to sing “Happy Birthday” to her. She asked me to quiet down so she could sing clearly.

We managed trach care at bedtime and Sadbh was not too pleased. She wanted to watch a particular Kipper show so it took a while to find the one that appeased her.
Thankfully it did not take long before she was fast asleep.

Yesterday we signed the final document for Medicaid coverage for Sadbh. This process started in February however it is complete now and will help provide Sadbh the coverage she needs if either of her main insurance companies let her down. We are still in the process of an external appeal for Aetna and have so many documents to complete and submit.

We also received a nice big bill from her medical supply company, Apria (nicknamed “Crapria”), and after waiting on hold for almost an hour I explained for the umpteenth time who her primary and secondary insurance companies are. They assured me that they would correct the issue, yet again, and will contact me as soon as possible when it is resolved. Not holding my breath.

This morning I received a separate call from an Apria representative, calling from India, asking me to verify Sadbh’s credit card number.  It was very obvious that these two departments are not connected so I explained that I was dealing with their corporate office and that he should contact them for an update on payment and where this payment is coming from. 

Helen called in sick tonight so I'll be spending the night with Sadbh tonight. 





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment