Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sadbh’s update – June 18th 2014


It was a long night. Sadbh tossed and turned and at one point she ended up at the foot of her bed wrapped up in her wires and hoses. She was very restless but still managed to get a good night sleep. Wish I could have said the same for myself.
She was not too pleased to see me first thing in the morning but after I silenced the alarm on her Oximeter she calmed down and gave me a big hug. It’s possible that her Oximeter alarm frightened her, as it did me.

Sadbh had a very busy day as she had a play date with Conor and Aibhin. She was in for a special treat as Aoife’s parents were visiting so she got to say hi to Marion and Kevin also.
The weather wasn’t great so the kids played indoors for a change, but this worked out fine and they all had fun.

Later in the day Sadbh got to hang out with our friend Helen who is visiting from jolly old England. It’s been a couple of years since we’ve seen Helen and despite being shy at first, Sadbh warmed up quickly.

She was excited when Mommy came home and soon introduced Helen to the soundtrack of the movie “Frozen”. (Sad to say that this bloody soundtrack is playing in my head every morning when I wake up.)

Trach care was managed just before bed and as soon as she hit the pillow she was out like a light.
Fingers crossed that the weather will be better tomorrow so we can get out for a walk early in the day.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment