Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sadbh’s update – June 22nd 2014


Sadbh slept like a log last night and managed two hours with her trach capped.

There was a wild party across the street last night and thankfully Sadbh slept through it. Both Katie and I were awake until shortly after 4 so, when it came time to take over from Danielle, Katie was exhausted.

I got up a couple of hours later and took over so Katie could catch up on some sleep. Since I did not have the energy to keep up with Sadbh I put on Frozen in the hope that would buy me some time. I also thought that I might be able to sneak in a quick nap however Sadbh had no intention of allowing that and kept demanding that I open my eyes to watch the show with her. There is absolutely no getting away from this movie!

This did not slow Sadbh down and she had a fantastic day.
She spent most of the morning out in the garden helping with weeding and planting vegetables.

After trach care we headed off to Flying Squirrel Pizza for dinner. By now Sadbh was very tired and fell asleep moments after getting into the car. Even after dinner was served it took ages to wake her up.

Since it was such a beautiful evening we headed to Seward Park for a stroll. Sadbh could not wait to get her shoes off and to soak her feet in the cool lake. She had a brilliant time and did not want to leave.
We drove home along the lake and Sadbh loved the cool breeze as it tossed her hair around.

Despite her late nap it was easy getting Sadbh to sleep tonight. She was out shortly after her head hit the pillow.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment