Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sadbh’s update – June 12th 2014


Sadbh managed just over three hours with her trach capped last night and slept soundly until 8. She woke up looking for Mommy but was not upset when she learned that Mommy had already left for work.

We both had a great day and managed to get out into the garden for a while in the morning while the contractors were finishing up their work.

Later in the day Sadbh and I headed out down the street in the little red wagon to the nearby park. Sadbh was hoping her friends from last week would be there but she did not mind when she discovered that they were not there.

We hung out at the park for over an hour and Sadbh burned of some serious energy going from one thing to another. She must have gone down the slide at least twenty times and even made numerous attempts to climb back up the slide.
At one point while I was texting with Katie I heard someone shout at me from the top of the slide “put down that fucking phone”. I was shocked and horrified at how grown up she sounded and I had a hard time trying to no laugh.
That put an end to our fun at the park and Sadbh quickly learned that she should never talk like that. I have no idea where she learned that word. I better check that “My Little Pony” show that she loves so much, maybe that’s where the bad influence is coming from.

As soon as we arrived home it was time for a bath and snacks.
We had a fun evening reading while waiting for Mommy to arrive home from work.

After dinner we got Sadbh ready for trach care and then bed. She was completely exhausted so she was out like a light in no time.

We received a call from Helen earlier in the evening letting us know that she would not be coming to work tonight. Lucky Sadbh, she get’s to spend another night sleeping next to me.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment