Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sadbh’s update – June 11th 2014


Helen could not work last night so I spent the night with Sadbh. She did great but we were unable to cap as I was too tired and did not want her to go into distress if I fell asleep while keeping an eye on her.

She slept in until shortly after 8 and woke up happy. We had a great morning but since we are still having work done on the house we were house bound for the day.

Sadbh was definitely bored at times and really wanted to get out. After the contractors left we went out in the garden for a while.

After dinner we took care of trach care and then it was off to bed.
I felt bad that her day was confined to the house. The contractor is supposed to finish early tomorrow so I’m hoping we will get to head out for a walk after I’ve cleaned the house.

We received word today that Sadbh’s primary insurance company, UHC, has reinstated Sadbh’s 16 hours home care nursing coverage per day.
This is such a relief, however the fight with her secondary insurance continues.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment