Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sadbh’s update – June 19th 2014


 

Sadbh refused to wear her trach cap for Danielle and I tried in vain again after taking over from Danielle at 6. She was like a sleeping but very alert ninja and went to remove it split seconds after popping it on.

During breakfast we called Granddad so Sadbh could sing “Happy Birthday” to him. She told him how much she missed him and chatted away for ages.

We had a fun morning and got to spend time planting potatoes in the garden.
Sadbh really wanted to go to the park and soon got very impatient. As I was washing my hands I could hear her moaning by the back door. When I poked my head out of the kitchen I noticed Sadbh lying on the ground with her emergency backpack on. It weighs about 35lbs and she had no hope in standing up with it.

We loaded up the wagon and set off. It was starting to get warm as Sadbh pulled on her reigns directing me down the driveway. Soon I was trotting down the street with the royal princess beaming and looking very proud.

It took forever to find this new playground that Katie told me about. Sadbh could not wait to get out of the wagon and she had a wonderful time discovering this new park.

We had to be home before 1pm as we were expecting a repair guy for the fridge. We had a window from 1 to 5 and as expected the technician showed up at 4:55. Nevertheless, despite the beautiful weather and having to be inside as we waited, Sadbh and I fun time. We played with her puzzles, board games and a couple of other games.

When Mommy came home we took care of trach care and at one point I thought the service technician wanted to help.
As soon as he left we loaded up the car and headed off to meet up with Helen and the rest of our friends at a park in Wallingford.
Sadbh was so excited to see her friends there and they all had so much fun playing together. Her appetite throughout the day was not great but she made up for it at the park and ended up eating lots of chocolate cake.

By the time we got home she was exhausted and fell asleep as soon as she was cleaned up and in her pajamas.






All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment