Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sadbh’s update – July 10th 2014


Sadbh slept much better and only needed to be suctioned a few times. Her oximeter probe needed to be changed out just before midnight as it kept triggering the alarm settings. Thankfully it was only a technical issue and not an issue with Sadbh.

She slept in later than usual but woke up in a good mood wanting to put on her new My Little Pony clothes. She had a lot of secretions in her lungs that needed to be cleared out so I gave her an albuterol nebulizer and with that I was able to suction her trach to clear her airway as best as I could.

Sophia was spending the day with Cormac and Clodagh today so I had Sadbh all to myself. We had a great morning and Sadbh got to chat to Nana in Cork and to Granddad in Austria. She was delighted to chat to them both.

Sadbh’s condition improved throughout the day and we spent a lot of the day outside playing in the garden. She was so happy to be outdoors playing with paper airplanes and balloons but by lunchtime she felt tired and wanted to take a nap. True to form, she did not sleep and was up and back in action within half an hour.

Sophia eventually arrived home so Sadbh quickly ditched me and had fun with Sophia instead.

Katie and I managed trach care just before putting Sadbh to bed and soon afterwards she was tucked into bed for a good night sleep.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh

No comments:

Post a Comment