Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sadbh’s update – October 23rd 2014


Sadbh slept great again and woke up happy to see me on the floor next to her. Mommy had snuck out of the room and Sadbh was excited to see her when she came back in.

After breakfast Sadbh and I put on our rain gear and headed out to clear the drive of fallen leaves and to dig up the potatoes from our garden. Sadbh was happy to help rake and kick the leaves around but less eager to dig for spuds.

Andrew dropped by for lunch and Sadbh was happy to see him. As Andrew and I chatted Sadbh got busy playing in her room with a couple of her dolls. She has this compression therapy device that we use when her lungs are congested and she loves to play with it. She typically turns it on and lets it spin around the floor or on the table. When Andrew was leaving I could hear it vibrate and when I went into her room to investigate I found that she had used a couple of her blankets as a housing to keep it in the one position as it rotated around and around. It was quite the set up and got me thinking that she could possibly have a future in engineering.

The rest of the day was spent playing and waiting for the medical supply company to come out to service her humidifier compressor. They had given me a window between noon and five and told me that they would give me a call two hours in advance to confirm the actual arrival time. Since I had not heard from them by four I called to find out what was going on and waited on hold for fifty minutes. At ten past five I heard a knock on the door and was happy to see the service guy there.

By dinnertime Sadbh was exhausted and not sure what she wanted. We managed to get her fed and ready for trach care. Trach care went well and it wasn’t long before she was fast asleep.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh

No comments:

Post a Comment