Monday, October 27, 2014

Sadbh’s update – October 27th 2014


Sadbh woke up bright an early and Harjinder did a great job of keeping her entertained for half an hour or so. Sadbh was desperate and was soon climbing the stairs as fast as she could. She was delighted to see Mommy and refused to go back downstairs.

Sadbh and I had a great morning and after breakfast we headed out to run a few errands. I made sure that she used the potty before leaving the house but an hour into our trip she had a strong urge to go again. Since I was nowhere near a bathroom I had to get to our next destination as quickly as possible. Traffic was a nightmare and fearing that she was going to have an accident in the car I pulled up as close as I could to the church on the Seattle University campus and with Sadbh and her equipment in my arms I ran as fast as I could the couple of blocks through the campus to the church.
The toilet in the church was locked so I had to run back to the car and speed off to our next destination. There the toilets were occupied all the while poor Sadbh was holding onto dear life.
At last one of the doors opened and soon Sadbh was very happy. I was very impressed that she held on as long as she had.

Ali-Baba and Sadbh’s cousin, Hayato, came by to visit and Sadbh was over the moon. We got trach care out of the way, with assistance from Hayato and afterwards Sadbh and her big cousin had a brilliant time playing with each other. The next couple of hours were so much fun and when it came time to leave Sadbh was not too pleased.
Since she still had so much energy, I had the responsibility of taking over from Hayato and spent the next few hours playing with Sadbh and her toys. As much fun as that sounds it’s actually extremely exhausting. 

Bedtime was a breeze tonight and since we are without a nurse Sadbh wanted to sleep in our bed that we set up in her room. It did not last long and soon she was snuggled up in her bed and off to sleep.





All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh

No comments:

Post a Comment