Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 277 January 13th, 2012


Sadbh slept well until she decided at 1am that she wanted to play for a couple of hours. Meanwhile, mommy thought it was 4am,so she went along with it for a while until she realized what the real time was.

She had a fantastic day overall and was showing Katie how well she can play peek-a-boo.

It was another nice day in Seattle, so Katie, Sadbh and my father headed out for a walk through the neighborhood and up to the campus of Seattle University.
Katie called me while I was on my way home from work and suggested that we swing by Café Presse for a bite to eat, so I dropped by the house to pick Katie’s father up and headed off.

Sadbh was full of energy when we arrived and was in a fantastic mood. She was happy sitting in her stroller, so I sat in next to her. Every time I turned to look at her, I would catch her staring at me, and when our eyes would meet, she would give me the biggest smile that would turn into a silent but visibly loud laugh

It wasn’t long before she wanted to get out of her stroller, and when that happens, we have to make sure everything is well out of her reach. It can be quite the challenge at Café Presse since the tables are so small.

Sadbh is notorious for drawing the attention of other patrons or staff, and before long, she had three of the wait staff doting over her, and she was flirting right back.

Meanwhile, she was having a great time with Katie’s father, Pops. Ever since he arrived last night, she cannot get enough of him.

Once we arrived home, it was time to catch up with Katie’s brother and his family in Singapore.
And, after that call, we Skyped with my sister and her gang in New Zealand.

Sadbh had a fantastic day and it never ceases to amaze us how easy going, happy and mild mannered she is. It makes life so much easier, despite dealing with her trach.



Have a great weekend,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment