Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 285 January 21st, 2012

It was another great nights sleep for Sadbh and she didn’t wake until 5:30am.

I headed off with a few of my friends for a day snowboarding, so I was glad to get to spend some time in the morning with my little princess.

Shortly after I left, both Sadbh and Katie got to snuggle up in bed, and off to sleep for another couple of hours.

Katie’s mom and step-dad, Peggy and Kirk came over to hang out and play for a while, and when it was time for Sadbh to take a nap, Peggy helped out with trach care.
Prior to trach care, Katie and Peggy were able to get a handprint from Sadbh in plaster. It was a difficult task since she wanted to grab the plaster and put it in her mouth.

Later in the afternoon, Katie and Aoife met up for dinner on Capitol Hill for a couple of hours. It was the first proper outing for Sadbh in a few days due to all the snow, and fortunately for her, she also got to hang out with her friend Conor.

Sadbh had woken up from her evening nap a few minutes before I arrived home and as soon as I pulled up outside the house, I could see Sadbh waving through the window at me. It was so very cute.

As soon as we had unloaded the car, I got to feed her dinner and afterwards we played with a bunch of her toys.
She really enjoys standing up and trying to walk, so it was a lot of fun watching her wobble and trying to keep her balance.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment