Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 288 January 24th, 2012


Sadbh had a much better night sleep and did not budge until I came down at 5:30am. When I popped my head in through the door, she was lying there in her cot with a big smile.

It was breakfast time, so Katie was called down, and as soon as she walked in the door, Sadbh lost interest in me straight away.

The weather was not so good today, so Sadbh and my father were house bound for the day. Peggy came over to keep them company and to help out with trach care.

My father has done a great job getting Sadbh used to her ladybird rocker that she got from Santa for Christmas. She will now sit on it for a few moments, before getting scared and wanting to get away from it.

Sadbh was ready for a nap when I arrived home and slept for almost 45 minutes.
When she awoke, she was full of energy, so we got to play with a few of her toys.
It’s quite exhausting trying to keep up with her and with all the extra crawling around, I am surprised that she is adding weight rather than losing it.

It seems that she’s gone through a growth spurt in the last few days, although it’s mainly her belly that’s gotten much bigger.

She had a wonderful day today, however when it came time for bed, despite being very tired it took her quite some time to get to sleep and even then she was quite restless.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment