Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sadbh’s update – day 282 January 18th, 2012


Sadbh had a good night sleep, thanks to Larissa.
Since she slept so well, so did Katie and I. It wasn’t until 5:30am before she finally awoke and Katie was summoned for breakfast.

I know that the majority of babies tend to have a lot of gas, however it’s hilarious watching over Sadbh as she toots while she is sleeping.  

By the time Larissa’s shift was over, Seattle was covered in snow and the roads were in bad shape. Fortunately for Larissa, she was able to get home, however our day nurse was unable to make it in for her shift.

This worked out fine since Katie couldn’t make it to the office, and my father was able to help out.

The weather seemed to worsen throughout the day, so around noon I headed home from work.
My timing was perfect as Sadbh was just after waking up from her late morning nap.
She was feeding with Katie, and as soon as I walked in the door, she turned around and gave me a huge smile.

We tested the Passy Muir Valve on Sadbh for almost 30 minutes this evening, and with this training we hope that she starts to get used to the pressure of exhaled air forcing it’s way up through her vocal cords and out through her nose and mouth.

My father offered to baby-sit Sadbh for a couple of hours tonight, so Katie and I could head out for a bite to eat.
Sadbh and my father had a great evening together and got to knock over a whole bunch of building blocks, which is something she loves to do.
I’m optimistic that she will learn how to build them up rather than knock them down soon.



Take care,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment