Monday, January 21, 2013

Sadbh’s update – January 21st 2013


Sadbh woke up around 11pm last night and this time Julie knew exactly what song she needed to sing to get Sadbh back to sleep. It worked a treat and Sadbh was back to sleep in no time.
She had a good night but never really fell into a deep sleep. That said, she slept until 6:45 and when she woke up she was in a great mood.

Since we did not have a day nurse today I stayed home from work to watch after Sadbh.
Both Sadbh and I had a fantastic day and she kept me busy chasing her around the house. She had a few coughing fits in the morning but thankfully did not throw up like she has over the past week or so.

By noon I could tell that she was getting very tired. It took a little bit of persuasion to get her to go to bed but she fell asleep in my arms as I sang her “the wheels on the bus”. She quickly fell into a deep sleep and did not move once for the first two hours and after she changed positions she slept on for another hour.

Yet again, she woke up in a great mood and after getting dressed we headed out to the kitchen for lunch. She had a nice big lunch and afterwards it was time to play with her coloring markers. After a while she got bored with her coloring books so she started to draw on her arms. She really liked the end results and called them flowers. Thankfully they are washable markers so I was able to clean her up with out any problems.

After dinner Sadbh, Katie and I were hanging out in the basement when Sadbh walked up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I was completely taken by surprise as I usually have to plead with her for a kiss, and only then does she give me her cheek to kiss.
She did this a couple more times and it left me floored.

For the first time in almost two weeks, Sadbh wore her Passy Muir Valve. She did struggle at times due to all the secretions and at one point she grabbed my hand and walked me to the suction machine and told me that she wanted to be suctioned. Other than that she did great but it got to be a bit much for her after an hour, so I changed it out for her humidifier nose.

It took over an hour to get Sadbh to sleep tonight and since we did not have a second set of hands helping out today we had to do trach care after she finally fell asleep.
Unfortunately Sadbh would not cooperate so we had no choice but to forego trach care for today.



All the best,

Wayne, Katie and Sadbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment